Yesterday, Ubisoft announced Mercenaries, the last major update before the launch of Breakpoint in October. Reading that, I can understand why Ubisoft is so excited to experiment with this concept and bring something new and different before they will launch the next installment in the franchise.
Mercenaries is an eight-player free-for-all PvPvE gameplay experience. Your objective is to call for rescue, locate and reach the extraction point, and be the first to board the chopper.
There are three phases of the game, Recon, Helicopter deployment and Extraction; we will need to find and loot the best gear, weapons, and consumables to fight enemy players and the Unidad forces. Also, based on the gear we pick up, an armor bar will appear. This bar will absorb a percentage of damage based on the penetration capability of the opponent’s weapon.
After completing the first game, players will be rewarded with the Lone Wolf costume. The players will also obtain rewards based on your number of wins:
- 1st Win: Mercenary Patch
- 3rd Win: Mercenary Pants
- 5th Win: Mercenary Heavy Vest
- 10th Win: Jacket Army Mercenary
- 15th Win: Mercenary Heavy Vest with Shoulder Pads
- 25th Win: Mercenary Backpack
On PVP we have the following updates:
– Sapper mines will now blink while activating, similar to the Trapper.
– Fixed exploits in the Dust Town, Lithium Mine, Zinc Mine, and Institute maps.
The update is available since this morning. Enjoy!